Our food is prepared for all doshas. Each guest will receive the same meal, but prepared that the balance of all doshas is guaranteed. From time to time we also serve meals with a little Western taste to have a little variety. This can be a certain dessert or baked vegetables with sunflower oil. But you won’t find in our meals shrimp, crab, tuna, shellfish, pineapple or tomatoes.
At Spirit of life, we have our herbs and vegetable farm where we grow organic vegetables for our day to day use, our goal is providing our guest a health meal from our own small farm. We grow all vegetable without using any chemical fertilizers. Farm to plate a delicious Ayurvedic meal prepared with love. The ingredients such as vegetables (the once we cannot grow in our farm), herbs and fruits are bought fresh every day from our own farm or selected traders.
1. Green soup with rice and herbs (variety of herbs which are bought fresh every day)
2. Fresh fruit
1. Starter: mostly fresh course like salad, soup from time to time e.g. Rasam
2. Main course: rice & curry with different vegetables
3. Dessert: whole fruit or fruit mousse
1. Starter: Soup with a side dish (either bread or something “crunchy”)
2. Main Course: Traditional Sri Lankan cuisine such as Hoppers, String Hoppers or Dhal
3. Dessert: It’s served only cooked, heated or mixed, because of a smoothly digestion.
Prescribed main medicine which is called (Kasaya) is prepared every day and server to our guest’s 2 or 3 times a day before or after meals. we explain about prescribe medicines during Dr. consultation.
Based on diagnose we recommend 1, 2 types of herbal tea which is server as and when you request. We recommend to have minimum 4 cups of herbal as this help healing process.
When you feel hungry in between or run out of juice, a glass of fresh juice is the right choice. we server fresh fruit juices upon request while you are at the beach or enjoying relaxing time at beach lounge or in to the rooms free of charge.